Senior Account Executive
Los Angeles, CA or Seattle, WA
Our client is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. Our client helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. Our client has more than 1,100 analysts that provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, our client has provided strategic insights to help their clients achieve their key business objectives.
Our client is seeking a sales professional with experience developing and managing a territory, cold calling, implementing solution selling techniques to identify clients’ and prospects needs’, aligning company services, creating urgency, navigating complex closing situations and managing six-figure annual renewals. She/he must be able to earn and secure C-level relationships and have an understanding of the business and IT environments at Fortune 1000 level organizations. This role will include a combination of individual work and team selling with analysts, consultants, and IDC sales leadership.
What it takes
The selected candidate will have:
- Ten years of demonstrated success in a quota carrying capacity
- A. or B.S. degree. An MBA is a plus.
- Experience selling consulting services and subscription based research
- Aptitude in building a territory
- Strong willingness to work collaboratively
- Proven written and oral presentation skills
- The ability to build relationships at senior levels within a company
- The ability to set a sales strategy to develop new business as well as incremental sales with existing clients
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Willingness to travel 25% of the time
What we are about:
As the world’s leading provider of technology intelligence, industry analysis, market data, and strategic and tactical guidance, our client can’t afford to wait for things to happen. That’s why they hire the industry’s sharpest and most forward thinking people. Our client is connected to a rich web of resources, benefits, and people as a division of the world’s leading IT media, research, and exposition company.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.